Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Park City Utah Girls Trip

July 23-27 I flew from Oregon to Utah for a bit of a reunion with some of my favorite people from Germany.  Getting together with these friends was really like getting together with family, we all became so close while living overseas together.  There is really a special bond between people when they experience the same things.  All of our husbands were in the Army and had been deployed at one time or other.  All of us had left family and friends behind to have an adventure in Europe.  Just so many things connecting us together...needless to say I had a fabulous time!

We spent an evening at an art studio where they have all the supplies you need to paint and they walk you through a painting, step by step.  None of us are great artists but it was a fun experience and something none of us had ever done before.

All of us with our final pictures.  I guess you could say I went a little out of the norm but Becky just did her own thing completely...which is one of the reasons I love her:)

Park City Utah at night.  Looking for a place to eat dinner

We found a yummy restaurant and sat outside to eat.  They had really yummy crab cakes!

The next day we went up to Park City Mountain Resort for some outdoor adventures

We all took a ride on the Alpine Slide

Getting ready to head down the slide

We got bored waiting in line for the zip line so Pam did a plank across the bridge so we could all limbo under her

Leah Russell and I getting set to ride the zip line.  I was pretty scared at first but it was really fun.

Leah Russell, Maratee Andrus, Angie Ellsworth and Jody Dean

Lydia Beck, Becky Platt, Me and Pam Emmons.  This group of 8 ladies are so much fun to hang out with.  It's so fun to be with people that don't mind being silly and ridiculous:)

That evening we got together with a whole bunch of ladies that we knew from Germany.  There were people there that had been in Germany before my time and then people there that I didn't even know because they came to Germany after I left.  So many fun friends to reconnect with.  We met at a delicious Brazilian grill in downtown Salt Lake City.  It was so much fun to see so many friends all in one place

A group shot of all the ladies.  I sure love these people!

This is the group that shared the condo for the weekend...lovely pose but...

...I like this one better!

It just wouldn't be a girls trip without getting pedicures.  The leg massage I got with the pedicure was the best one I have ever had.  It makes me want to go back to Park City just for the pedicure:)

It's also not technically a girls weekend without being very silly and pretending to be mannequins in a store:)

All of us wearing our BFF bracelets.  It was so good to spend a weekend with these friends.  I can't wait for our next girls trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment