Tuesday, December 9, 2014

August Randomness


The summers always seem to fly by, especially when we spend so much time away from home.  It is fun to travel during the summer but Portland has a lot to offer as well.  Here are a few of the fun things we did around home this summer.

We went to the Portland Highlands festival.  It was fun to see all the guys wearing kilts and we even got to see a caber toss tournament!

Julian ran in the kids fun run at the festival.  He was really proud of himself and I think he's super cute:)

This is what happens to Julian's hair when he jumps on our trampoline:)

I took the boys and some of their friends to Oaks Park for a day.  The boys had lots of fun on all the rides.  I'm so glad they are old enough to go by themselves...I just can't do those spinning, crazy rides anymore.

Julian with his friend Leah Calder at Oaks Park

We went to Sauvie Island probably 5 times.  I bought some new rafts so the boys had lots of fun floating around on the river in their rafts.

We also went out to the coast a few times.  I love this picture, if you look closely you can see Julian's head is in a big sand pit:)

I made the twins come with me on a cub scout hike.  It was the 3rd time we had hiked the 4 T's trail in Portland but it's fun each time.

One of my friends was taking care of some kittens for a few weeks.  Julian tried very hard to convince me I needed two new kittens in my life.  I told him I'm fine with just one cat for now:)


No comments:

Post a Comment