Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Idaho Fun

After the 4th of July we headed up to Victor, Idaho to see my sister Kristen and her family.  I had gotten sick after the 4th and so the first few days at Kristen's I was basically laying in bed trying not to puke...but I got better and we had lots of fun!

Uncle Mike took us for a little hike to a pond in their neighborhood.  Here he is helping Townsend get across some rocks.

Julian choosing his steps carefully

My three boys

Townsend and Julian having some slip 'n slide fun

Townsend and Jeremy Porter race to the slip 'n slide

Julian having fun in the swimming pool with Kate Porter

Jeremy and the boys at the pool.  We went swimming almost every day we were in Victor, we had wonderful weather!

Kate and Julian enjoying some treats from the Victor Emporium

Victor is really close to Driggs, Idaho where Hyrum's father is buried so we made a trip to the cemetery one morning to visit Opa's grave.

It was lots of fun visiting Kristen and her kids, they are always so welcoming and my boys have so much fun with their cousins.  I left Townsend with Kristen and headed for home with just Emerson and Julian.  Once again, it was nice to only have one twin in the car...not so much fighting:)

We had one more stop before arriving in Portland.  We stopped in Boise, Idaho to spend a few days with some good friends from our med school days, the Knorpp's.  It is always fun to see Dan and Krystal and it's great to break up the very long trip to Portland.  Boise is just about halfway home so it's always nice to get a break from driving:)

We spent a whole day at Roaring Springs water park.  There was so much to do.  Lot's of different play areas and water slides.  Julian's favorite was the lazy river, I think I spent about 3 hours during the day just floating in the water with him.

Julian and Ollie on the trampoline

I tricked the kids into thinking this was a really FUN activity...and I got a free car wash:)

Julian helping to wash the car

Marly Knorpp and Emerson getting ready to float out on the lake in a little rubber canoe

Julian just floating around

Ollie Knorpp at the lake

Once again we had wonderful weather and were able to play outside and enjoy being with friends.  After a few days with the Knorpp's I packed my 2 boys up and we drove into Portland.  I think we had a fantastic few weeks in Utah and Idaho visiting friends and family.  I truly hope my boys have good memories of their summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment