Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hyrum's Cycle Oregon Adventure

September 12-19:

Hyrum and Steve Doxey went on a week long bike ride around Eastern Oregon.  They rode about 80 miles per day for a week!  Not my idea of fun but Hyrum tells me it was great.  They had pretty nice weather most of the time.  I think the biggest bummer was that there was a forest fire near the town of Wallowa Oregon so they had to skip that part of the ride, which I guess everyone was looking forward to.

The pictures sure make it look like a fantastic time but I just don't think I could have made it the whole way!  I would have made it 1 day and then hitched a ride to the finish:)



The big "tent city" got set up each night and taken down each morning.  There were about 2000 people on the ride.

They saw some beautiful scenery on their rides

Taking a break during the ride

A lunchtime rest

Hyrum and Steve shared a tent.  I think it was pretty cozy in there with two guys plus all their gear!

On the last day of the ride

When Hyrum would text me photos like this it made me a little jealous but then I remembered that he had been on a bike for an entire week...and I wasn't so jealous anymore:)


No comments:

Post a Comment