Sunday, July 28, 2013

Triathlon #2

On July 6th, I set out for another triathlon.  Right about the time they were counting down from 10 for my swim leg to start I began to think to myself..."Why am I here?  What am I doing this for?  I don't want to do this"...but then someone yelled GO and I just dove into the water and started swimming.  This triathlon was much tougher than the first one I did.  The bike ride was longer and very hilly and the run was also longer (and more hilly).  But I finished and I was so happy when I was done.  I even won the silver medal for my age group:)

My friend Cynthia (on the left) raced with me in Washington for my first triathlon.  Our friend Malia (in the middle) joined us for this race.  It was fun being with friends on race day.

Leaving the transition area to start the bike leg of my race.

Coming in at the finish line...so very happy to be done!

My times for this race were:
Swim 1/4 mile: 12 minutes 47 seconds
Bike 12 1/2 miles: 56 minutes 19 seconds
Run 3.2 miles: 35 minutes 17 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment