Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Some fun with Grandma and Grandpa

After our visit with the Christensen's the boys and I headed over to visit my parents.  We enjoyed an evening with them on Sunday night, my dad got out his ukulele and played "dance dance" for the boys.  I didn't get any pictures but it's pretty cute to watch my boys dance around the little apartment.  Monday we headed to Sequim for a drive through the Olympic Animal Park.  Usually these animal parks are kind of lame, you just drive through and the animals are off by themselves and it's not that exciting.  At this particular park you buy bread as you drive in and then as you drive through the park the animals come right up to your car to get bread...sometimes even putting their whole heads into your car to get at the bread.  It was so much fun.  Julian and I were laughing the whole time.  My mom and dad got a kick out of it as well.  I don't think the twins were big fans of large animals sticking their heads into our car...but it was just so hilarious!

Julian feeding a deer.  You can tell by his face that he was having a great time feeding the animals.

My mom and dad at a lookout tower at the park.

A llama looking for some bread

Julian was busting up laughing the whole time, he thought it was great!

That buffalo didn't mind at all that his horns were too big to fit in my car, he just stuck his nose right in the window!

After the animal park we drove to Costco for a quick lunch and then off to a park to let the boys get some wiggles out.

We went for a little hike around the park and my mom showed the boys how to cross this little stream on stepping stones.

Julian at the park.

After the park we made one more stop at a beach near Sequim.  It was such a beautiful sunny day, I'm glad we spent it outside:)

Grandpa and the boys skipping rocks.

Townsend waded out to pick up a giant clam shell

His prize clam shell

Emerson had to try and get one too

Julian didn't have to worry about getting his clothes wet when he waded out into the water:)

My mom and dad at the beach

Proof I was there too:)

We saw an American Bald Eagle...pretty cool!

The next day (Tuesday) My mom and I headed over to Bainbridge Island for a fun day with the boys.

We found a really fun playground on the island.

It even had a fun sandpit to play in

When Julian got tired of playing on the playground we spent some time feeding the crows our cheezits. It was pretty cool to watch the crows pick them up in their beaks.  They would pick up one and then stack it onto another and then stack those two onto another.  The most we saw a crow pick up was 5 cheezits!

After the playground we went to a yummy cafe for some pizza and then it was off to the Bainbridge Island swimming pool.  I didn't get any pictures but my boys love this pool because it has a fun slide and a rope swing and a high diving board.

On Wednesday my parents had a missionary conference they needed to attend so I took the boys over to Suquamish to visit with some friends.  The Richards live right on the water so we had fun playing and looking for crabs that were hiding under the rocks by the water.  After we left the Richard's I took the boys mini golfing.  We did all 18 holes twice, it was a lot of fun.  We were the only people on the course.

Emerson was super brave and picked up all the little crabs he could find.

Maddie Richards, Townsend and Emerson playing by the water

Townsend golfing

Emerson had to fish his ball out of a water trap:)

All three boys had a lot of fun

Emerson playing a game with Grandma on Wednesday night.

We were heading back home on Thursday morning but we had enough time to squeeze in one more activity with my mom.  We headed to the Navy Undersea museum in Bremerton.  There is a Navy base in Bremerton where my parents are Military Relations missionaries.  The museum was really neat but my boys had too much energy to really appreciate all the cool exhibits.  We only stayed for about a half hour and then we said goodbye to Grandma and headed home to Portland.  It's always lots of fun to visit with my parents.  I'm glad my boys get to hang out with their grandparents and get to know them a bit.  

Outside the Navy museum

Inside the museum my boys were little monkeys...too much energy for a museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment