Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

I was super spoiled this year for my birthday.  It was especially nice to have Hyrum home on a Friday to help me celebrate.

Started the day off with some birthday cards from my boys and some gifts from Hyrum.  I got a new pair of slippers and an alarm clock.

Yummy blueberry pancakes for breakfast:)

Hyrum and I drove into Portland with Townsend and Emerson for a "10 Grands" piano concert.  I think the boys liked it, all the kids on stage were between the ages of 11 and 17.  They all did a great job.

A sunny afternoon and lunch on the steps of Pioneer Square in Portland.

A 17 mile bike ride with my brother in law around Hagg Lake.

And to end the day, dinner at Papa Hayden's in Portland.  

This gelato store was a few blocks away from the restaurant so we walked down there for a taste.  I don't care what people say, this stuff just does not compare to the gelato I had in Germany.  Maybe one day I'll find a place that can compare but I haven't found it yet and trust me, I've been looking!

All in all, a very wonderful day.  The sunshine helped a lot.  Having Hyrum home was a super bonus.  Yummy food is always a good thing.  Everything was as good as it could have been for this 36 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment