Sunday, April 7, 2013

Frohe Ostern (Happy Easter)

I love Easter.  I love the little flowers that start sprouting out of the ground and I love the skies that are more blue than cloudy.  I love Easter egg hunts with the kids and I love their excitement on Easter morning to see what the Easter Bunny brought them.  I love the colors of Easter and I love promise of new birth and renewal.

Julian helped me decorate my Easter egg tree.

The finished tree.  I had lots of people from the neighborhood compliment me on the tree.  I just had to keep this tradition from Bavaria, I loved all the Easter egg trees in all the towns back in Germany.

These are the trees right next to our house.  They were so pretty when they had all their blossoms out.

The boys went to a church sponsored Easter egg hunt.  All the eggs were pretty tricky to find because the grass was super long so unless you were about to step on an egg you couldn't see it!

Later that day we had an Easter egg hunt at Aunt Katrina's house.  These eggs were not so hard to find:)  The boys had so much fun and ended up with WAY more candy than I wanted in the house!!!

All the Easter egg hunters at Katrina's house.

On Sunday we had dinner at Katrina's.  We really are spoiled to live so close by to family that we can get together for Sunday dinner.  

I love the story of the resurrection.  I love the knowledge I have that Christ lives and that we can all live again with our families, even after death.  Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment