Friday, April 26, 2013

A Weekend of Visits

I have a very good friend that lives in Washington named Kari.  Her kids had Spring Break the week after us here in Oregon and I convinced her that she needed to bring her kids down for a visit.  She has 5 kids, this is no small feat for her to manage to trek them the 3 hours down here for a few days.  I was so happy she came, we had lots of fun.

Kari's two girls, Maggie and Tessa.

We ventured to the Oregon Coast...cold, cold, cold...but the kids had fun (until their little feet got so cold they couldn't feel them anymore!)

Yes, this is us at the beach with our winter coats on!  At least it wasn't raining:)

The perfect place to warm up with the kids, at the Pig'N Pancake.  Ordering lunch for 8 kids all 9 years old or younger is LOTS of fun:)  The waitress was super smart to put us in the back of the restaurant, it was like we had a whole room to ourselves:)

After our stop at Cannon beach we traveled a little further south to Tillamook.  You can't have people come to visit and NOT take them to the Tillamook cheese factory for some yummy ice cream!  All 8 kids are in this picture except you can only see the very top of Julian's head (sitting inside the van)

After Kari spent a few days with us in Oregon the idea was to drive to Washington and visit a few people up there.  First stop, the Abersold's.  Elder and Sister Abersold were the senior missionary couple that were in Germany when we moved there in 2008.  They were so great at making us, and everyone else, feel so welcome and at home in a strange country.  I love that they live only 2 hours away, they are super welcoming and fun conversationalists:)

Love these guys!

After lunch with the Abersold's we continued up to Bremerton to stay the night with my parents.  I am so happy my Mom and Dad live close by and my boys get to see them and get to know them.

Julian jumping to Daddy in the pool at my parents apartment.

I love this photo of my Mom and Townsend

Julian was being a stinker and wouldn't look at the camera, but other than that it's a pretty good shot of all of us.  

For those that know me you know my "happy place" is when I am going and doing something different and fun.  I'm so glad I have so many fun friends and family to visit to get me out of my house every once in a while:)

No comments:

Post a Comment