Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Rugged Maniac Race

What was I thinking?  I seriously just sign up for these races and think that in the months that I have before the actual race I will get into shape...but that doesn't happen so I end up racing and almost dying!!  So maybe not that dramatic but seriously, why do I sign up for these things?  The Portland Rugged Maniac was a 5K race with 20 obstacles spread throughout the course.  We had to play frog on some floating pads, Army crawl through tunnels, jump through mud and climb and slide and roll our way through the course.  This was the first time I had a race like this and it was actually kind of fun but I sure hope if I do it again next year I will be in better shape!  Oh look...ice-cream

I ran the race with my friend Lindsay Norris and her husband Brent.  This was the "before" picture where I actually look happy and excited

Running the final mile...just be done already!

One of the last obstacles was a "warped wall" and I had no energy left and had to be hauled up the last few feet by these strong men

Does it LOOK like I'm having fun????

On the other side of the warp wall was this huge slide, I look terrified in this photo

Final obstacle, up and over

DONE!  Oh man, super fun but super challenging!!


No comments:

Post a Comment