Friday, July 10, 2015

Elk Mountain Ridge

We ventured out for a hike on a beautiful Saturday morning.  Hyrum assured me it was only 1.5 miles to the summit and listed as "moderate" in his hiking book.  Well...it was an extremely strenuous hike! It was seriously straight up and more like 3 miles to the top.  I was so super proud of Julian for making it up there with his little legs.  The twins did their fair share of complaining but also made it all the way to the top of the mountain.  I guess even though they say they "hate" hikes they still have those Durtschi genes that get them to the top!

The first part of our hike.  Look how happy we are:)  I also love that Julian had to wear his cape on the hike.

Still walking up the mountain.  We had to stop for lots of photos because I couldn't breathe!

See those rocks behind Julian?  We had lots of trail/rock scrambling on this trail.  I was a sweating mess.

We made it to the top!!!!  All of us were pretty tired but we had a yummy lunch prepared and it was all downhill from here!

Daddy and Julian at the summit, 2788 Feet!

I truly hope our boys have good memories of these hikes.  Even though we hear a lot of complaining and some death threats along the way, they always seem happy once we are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment