Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Arizona Trip

June 29-July 5

After my family reunion Hyrum had to fly back to Portland to get back to work but I decided to do something really crazy and drive down to Arizona with my 3 kids to visit my Grandma Merrill (who is 95 years old) and my Grandma Myers (who is 98!)  Lucky for me my sister Riann agreed to make the drive with me to help out with the crazies in the car.  We did the drive in 2 days, stopping in Page, AZ for a bit of a break.  It was so wonderful to visit with my Grandma Merrill.  She still lives on her own and still plays Yahtzee when her grandkids come visit:)  My Grandma Meyers lives with my Aunt Terri and doesn't really remember us but it was still nice to visit.  I think she was happy to have us come.

Before flying back to Oregon Hyrum and I spent a few days with his mom in Utah.  We went up the South Fork of Provo Canyon one day to play in the river.

Hyrum and Townsend spent a long time building this "dam" to make a pool for the fish

The boys always like going to Lowes Extreme Sports jump center when we are in Utah

I can never take very good photos in the jump center because it's kind of dark but I loved how Townsend's hair was flying up in the photo.

All my boys love playing at the giant wooden playground in Pleasant Grove

Saying goodbye to Oma as we leave Utah for Arizona

The house we stayed in while visiting Arizona had a swimming pool.  The boys were in this thing first thing in the morning until about 9:30 at night!

My Grandma and I visited my Grandpa's grave.

Emerson's first time playing Yahtzee!

Grandma is really the Yahtzee champ but during this particular game I was the only one at the table to actually roll a Yahtzee...all 5 dice the same number:)

The boys had so much fun climbing in Grandma's grapefruit tree to gather the grapefruit.

My boys with their Great Grandma Merrill (My moms Mother)

Riann and I with our Grandma

My boys with their Great Grandma Meyers (My dads Mother)

Me and Mam

I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to see my grandma's again.  Arizona is quite far from Oregon, but I am very happy that I took the opportunity to head down that way to see them once more.  I am really grateful to both of these women.  They have each had their struggles and are still smiling after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment