Friday, July 10, 2015

Anniversary Get Away

May 8-10 2015

Hyrum and I celebrated our 16th Anniversary this year.  I still have a hard time believing he has put up with me so long:)  Hyrum's niece Taylor Doxey stayed with our boys all weekend so we could get away to the Oregon Coast for a few days.  It was wonderful.  I loved staying up late walking on the beach, sleeping in, eating at restaurants that don't include chicken nuggets on their menu...generally being a couple free from kids for a few days.

The view from our balcony.  I loved hearing and smelling the ocean from our room.

We drove to the coast after work on Friday.  The next morning when we got in our car to drive to our hike there were flowers all over the hood.  The tree we parked under wanted us to feel loved:)

Hiking is Hyrum's favorite activity.  He loves to get away from the crowds and enjoy nature and it's beauty.  Even though it's not my favorite activity I'm glad Hyrum drags me along, we sure see some beautiful places!

The weather on Saturday was gorgeous!

There were lots of pretty flowers on our hike.  We also actually saw a whale out in the ocean.  It came up for air 2 or 3 times before we lost sight of it.  I have lived here for 3 years and it was the first time I had ever seen a whale at the coast.

Hiking around Cape Falcon.  We actually saw a falcon soaring above the waves...pretty cool!

Hyrum hiking in the forest.

After our hike we got to do one of my favorite things...shopping!  We walked all around the Cannon Beach shops.  I loved looking at all the artists boutiques.  I never get to do that with the kids:)

Our anniversary gift to ourselves bought in Cannon Beach.

Sunday's weather wasn't so sunny but we still enjoyed walking around on the beach.  Here we are with the famous Haystack Rock behind us.

Us with a cool lighthouse in the distance.  I love you Hyrum.  Thanks for sticking with me these many years.  I know you were the right choice for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment