Tuesday, September 16, 2014

4th of July

We got to spend the 4th of July holiday with my good friend Kari Christensen and her family in Lewiston, Utah.  We have been able to spend the 4th of July here a few times in the last couple of years.  It's such a fun, small town, celebration.  I love it!

The day starts with a fun parade where the boys get tons of salt water taffy from the various floats that pass by.  This is Julian and Maggie Christensen at the parade.  It was a HOT day!  I think the boys were just too hot and tired to really enjoy the festive parade but I still had fun:)

Maggie's Aunt had been taking care of some rescue animals...two cute baby raccoons.  They were so fun to watch.  They loved to explore everything and stayed right with you as you walked around.  

Townsend, Max Christensen and Emerson playing on the trampoline

Julian takes a break in the shad with some iPad time

The Baldwin family had their river raft all filled with water that the kids could play in.  It was just perfect because the day was so hot!

Julian even took his stuffed Sammy into the water to play:)

All the kids gathered on the side of the house and got the hose out to make a fantastic waterfall/mud pit.  This is what summer afternoons should be...playing outside and getting dirty:)

Of course we had to head over to the dairy cows and say hello.

Another tradition, ice cream at Caspers

We ended our fun day with sparklers in the front yard before heading over to the baseball field to watch the big fireworks show.

Emerson and Townsend with their sparklers, looks harmless enough...

...I wonder if we can start the grass on fire?

I love spending the 4th of July in this small town with my friend and her family.  I love the countryside and seeing the dairy cows.  I love the parade and little carnival.  I love the ATV rides and playing outside with friends.  I love the fireworks show in the evening when the heat of the day is gone and it's so cool outside you want your jacket and some blankets to snuggle in while you watch the show.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment