Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sisters Weekend

I have 6 sisters, so 7 girls total in my family.  We don't get together very often so it was a real treat this past Memorial Day weekend to meet up with all my sisters.  We are all spread out over the US so we decided to meet up in Michigan.  I flew from Portland to North Dakota where I stayed the night with my youngest sister, Paige, and then together we drove to Michigan...about 15 hours!  Luckily we had a pretty good book to listen to and also, luckily, Paige isn't afraid to drive fast:)  My oldest sister, Eryn, lives in Michigan so we used her house as our base and had a lot of fun sitting around playing games, watching silly movies, eating yummy food (thanks to DeNae mostly who did all the cooking and makes a FANTASTIC Thai chicken pizza!) and basically laughing and laughing.

With 7 girls in our family there have been moments of drama in our lives but I'm so glad that we love each other and that at the end of the day we will always have each other.

My wonderful hosts in North Dakota...Paige and her man Zach (love this photo!)

Confucious says, "When driving 15 hours in a car one must eat burritos..."

..."and deep fried cheese curds"

DeNae, Eryn, Kristen, Riann and Paige (where're your sunglasses Nae?)

I kinda liked this picture of me and DeNae

Paige bonding with some of our nieces

Girls lunch...the hummus at this restaurant was super yummy

Sisters can't get together and not get pedicures, right?

One night we played "minute to win it" games...it was lots of fun.  Kristen is trying to empty out a whole box of tissues in just one minute...

Eryn totally rocked the cups and plates stacking game...

Tanya dominated the ding dong stack...

And another one of Kristen, I just love the concentration on her face...get that noodle!!!

I love all my sisters and I'm so glad we got together for the weekend.  It was fun catching up on what's going on with all of them and mostly just fun talking and laughing.

PS
After driving 15 hours from Michigan back to North Dakota, Paige and I pulled into her driveway around 10:00 PM ready for bed.  She had given her garage door opener to her husband before we left town so we couldn't get into the house through the garage.  No problem, Paige has a key to her front door.  Ooops, Zach locked the storm door so we couldn't get to the front door, and Paige didn't have a key for the storm door.  What to do?  We waited until about 11:30 when Zach got home from work and then he busted out the glass on the storm door so we could get in.  Quite the exciting ending to our weekend:)

This is Paige's "I can't believe Zach locked the storm door" face

It was the first time I had ever witnessed a house getting broken into and was quite thrilling I have to admit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment