Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Day of Fishing

So I'm not really into fishing at all.  I don't like hooking worms or catching fish and watching them flail about because they can't breathe...but a nearby lake was hosting a free day of fishing and I thought my boys would have fun so I signed up.  The lake provided the use of fishing poles and bait as well as a ride out onto the lake in a boat to try and catch some fish.  I think all the boys had fun but we didn't even catch one fish so I think they were also a bit disappointed.  The lake sponsors this each year so maybe next year we will have better luck with the actual catching of some fish.


Townsend on the boat

Emerson fishing from the shore

Julian was too young to go out on the boats so I just stayed with him on the shore

He had a lot of trouble casting so I was helping him.  He only lasted for a bout 5 casts and then he said, "OK, I'm done."

Right as we were leaving they called one of our raffle ticket numbers and Emerson won a brand new fishing pole:)

No comments:

Post a Comment