Sunday, June 23, 2013

Triathlon #1

For some unknown reason (temporary insanity?) I signed up for 3 separate triathlons this summer.  I have never raced in a triathlon before and I don't know what made me think I should start, I guess I just wanted a goal to work towards in the hopes I would be motivated to stay fit.  Well, I finished my very first race on Saturday, June 15th.  This race was up North of Seattle so I drove up on Friday with the boys and checked into a hotel.  Hyrum came up after work on Friday and then stayed the night with us and watched the boys while I raced.  I was super nervous, especially for the swim because I had never raced in a lake before and I had been training in a pool (which is much different than a lake) but I survived and am super proud of myself for finishing this race.

 Me and my friend Cynthia before the race.  I was one of only about 4 people that swam in just a swimsuit.  Most people had on a wetsuit or at least a triathlon suit.  I felt pretty awkward.

After transitioning from the swim to the bike.  Hyrum took this photo as I was on my way out to start the bike leg of the race.

Coming in after 9 miles of bike riding.

At the finish line after the run leg of the race.  I was soooo happy to be done! 

My cheer squad

Cynthia and I after the race.  She beat me by 7 minutes!

This is mostly for my own records but just so you know:
Swim 1/4 mile: 12 minutes 6 seconds
Bike 9 miles: 36 minutes 24 seconds
Run 1 1/2 miles: 16 minutes 38 seconds

I will do this same exact race at the beginning of September so I will see how much I have improved... or gotten worse



No comments:

Post a Comment