Monday, July 3, 2017

Stake Young Women Girls Camp

I was called to be our Ward Girls Camp leader this year.  This meant that I had to help out with the fundraiser, collect a whole bunch of paperwork and medical forms from the girls and then spend a week at camp with everyone.  I was surprised when I got called to work with the Young Women.  I just assumed I wouldn't ever have to worry about them because I only have boys:) It was a lot of fun all week and it was great getting to know and hang out with the other leaders from my Stake. 

My home away from home for a week.  I shared this cabin with three other leaders.

Did some fun hikes around camp with  my friends Jacki Fisher and Audrey Burdick

When you don't wash your hair everyday it's good to put it up in braids:)

Audrey took a bunch of us on a creek walk.  I went the entire time without getting wet and then the last 10 yards before getting out of the water I slipped on a rock and got soaked!

The final campfire at camp they have a "circle of light" where everyone stands in a circle with a candle and we sing hymns.  It was a really spiritual experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment