Saturday, July 15, 2017

California Dreamin'

The day after girls camp I got on an airplane and headed down to California.  I got to spend a whole week with my sister and her family.  It was so awesome of Paige to watch Julian and then doubly awesome to then spend a week in San Diego hanging out!

We stayed at the Air Force base on Coronado Island.  The beach was literally across the street from our hotel!  And since you had to have a military ID to access this beach it wasn't super crowded like the other beaches on the island.

Riann, Paige and I waiting for the 4th of July parade on Coronado Island.  So much fun hanging out with my sisters:)

Remy and Julian waiting for the parade.  They had plastic bags to collect any candy that was thrown out but not a single parade float threw candy...WHAT??

We could watch the awesome San Diego fireworks right from our hotel balcony!

Did I mention I just love this little DeShetler family?

We spent a day at the San Diego Zoo!  Sooooo hot!!!  We stopped many times to get ice cream or cold drinks during the day!

Going for a ride on the cable car with Auntie Ri

San Diego Zoo 2017...

...San Diego Zoo 2013.  My baby is growing up!!

Another beautiful sunny day in California!

One of Julian's favorite rides at Legoland...the Fairy Tale Brook

These two got to hang out and go on all the fun kid rides

Silly little Julian

We spent one full day at the Legoland water park.  Julian made me hang out on the lazy river for about an hour...I got completely sunburned!

Cousin fun!

After a few days in San Diego we headed back to Paige's house.  Julian and Remy helped Paige bake a cake for Uncle Zach's birthday.

What an awesome cake!!!  Uncle Zach was impressed:)

I wish this little cutie lived closer...I miss his silliness

After a fantastic trip to California Julian and I flew back to Oregon.  What a fun time and we made some great memories!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment