Saturday, October 5, 2013

Nehalem Bay State Park

On September 12, just a week after school started, we decided we needed a little vacation:)   We headed to Nehalem Bay, about 1 1/2 hours away on the Oregon Coast.  The boys missed a day of school but I figure it's important to make some fun memories as a family before the weather turns rainy for the winter.

We camped with three other families from our ward, the Christensen's, the Greathouse's and the May's. I didn't get nearly enough photos of our friends but we all had a great time together.  My boys and Jacob Greathouse especially loved having "sand wars" down on the beach.

It was nice to have one last excuse to camp in our tent trailer before packing it away for the season.  I think all our tent camping friends were jealous:)  It sure is nice to have a little more space to spread out while camping and having a built in stove and sink is a real treat too!

There was a playground really close to our campsite.  The kids loved exploring through all the little forest trails surrounding the playground.  I think my older boys liked that more then the playground equipment:)

Emerson after "sand wars"

A close up of a super sandy Townsend!

Hyrum and the twins played kickball on the beach and even got a few of the other dads to join the game.

I don't know how he can stand it but Julian sure loves playing in the waves.  My feet go numb after just a few minutes in the water!

It was a real treat to spend a few days camping as a family.  I loved staying up late talking around the campfire with the other adults after all our kiddos went to sleep.  I loved seeing how much fun the kids had at the ocean, even though it's too cold to swim.  I loved sleeping with the windows open in our trailer and feeling the cool, salty air blow in from outside.  We will definitely be coming back to Nehalem Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment