Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Triathlon #3...the last one of the year!

Why did I sign up for three triathlons this summer?  Well, I was hoping it would encourage me to go to the gym and stay in shape during the summer months.  Ok, so it didn't work, I actually gained 10 pounds over the summer!  Maybe next year I'll be more committed to going to the gym.  But, I did finish three triathlons this summer and that's nothing to sneeze at:)

My triathlon buddy Cynthia and I right before the swim.  I still remember thinking as I got into the water...what am I doing this for...again?

Hyrum got a great shot of me coming in from the bike ride...love the face:)

And coming in at the finish line, so happy to be done!

Just for my records:
Swim 1/4 mile: 10 minutes 31 seconds (last June 12:6)
Bike 9 miles: 33 minutes 43 seconds (last June 36:24)
Run 1 1/2 miles: 18 minutes 30 seconds (last June 16:30)

So overall I'm super proud of myself because I beat my time in both the swim and the bike...still need to work on the run I guess but I'm still pretty happy with the overall experience.

Oma was kind enough to watch the boys for us so Hyrum and I could go up to Seattle without the kids...always a nice treat.  It was great walking around downtown Seattle and hanging out with my Hyrum for a few days.  We even got to see a World Premier of the musical "Second Hand Lions" (which was fabulous by the way, go see it if you get the chance)

I love walking around Pike Place market, especially without the kids.  You can just take your time walking around and looking at all the fun stalls.

I got a Nutella crepe with bananas...yummy:)

Seattle Center.  

When you don't have kids with you you can lay down on the grass, in the shade, close your eyes and take a little nap for a while:)

The lighting was just perfect for photos that evening

This really was a fun show with lots of songs that were catchy and great acting as well.  So much fun to be just Hyrum and I for a weekend:)

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero! I'm so impressed with you and your triathlon amazing-ness. Way to go Rachelle!

    Looks like a fun trip to Seattle. Erick and I spent some time there just weeks before we moved to Germany. Good times.

    ReplyDelete