Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life in Oregon

Moving to Oregon in July was such a great idea!  The sun has been shining since we got here and we have only seen rain on two occasions, both at night.  I hear from people that I need to enjoy this weather while I can because, come October, it's a whole different story.  I'll take what I can get.  We have had a lot of fun the last few months exploring our new surroundings.  Here are a few of the things we have been up to:

A day trip to Canon Beach.  This beach is just about an hour from our house.  It's not really a, "jump in the water and swim" kind of beach, it's more of a, "play in the sand and waves" sort of beach.  Too cold, much too cold.

Julian and I in front of the famous Haystack Rock

Berry Pickin'!!!!!  So far this summer we have picked about 20 lbs. of blueberries, love it!

Our city, Hillsboro, had a summer celebration and Julian joined in and painted some of the mural.

Hyrum started his new job.  This is what greets me when I walk into his clinic...it makes me smile:)

My niece, Ellen, cut my hair.  It only took Hyrum a few days to notice I chopped 8 inches from my hair!

Hiking on Sauvie Island.  Can you tell this trail was NOT very stroller friendly?  Hyrum pushed him for 3 1/2 miles through brush like this, what a trooper!

At the end of the hike we came to this gorgeous beach, so I guess it was worth it in the end:)

One day I took Julian for a ride on the metro.  It wasn't exactly like the trains he was used to in Germany but he was still pretty happy with the ride.

The metro took us right to the Portland Children's Museum where he had lots of fun with the shopping area and, of course, the train table:)

We are having a good time exploring our new surroundings.  It is so hard to make friends and so I have been doing all this exploring on my own but one of these days I'm sure I'll have a friend I can call on to do fun things with...one of these days.


1 comment:

  1. You cut your hair?! That picture/poster of Hyrum made me laugh... Oh, it is so great to see everything that you Have been up to! Makes me smile!
    Loved catching up on your adventures... We need to chat when you have a minute!

    ReplyDelete