Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Visit to Washington

I am super lucky to have a good friend just 3 hours away.  When Hyrum was in residency at Fort Lewis in Washington I was pretty much a single mom.  If it wasn't for Kari Christensen I think I would have gone crazy.  She was always so willing to go to the zoo, hang out at the house and let the kids be crazy or just talk over some lunch.  She gave me some much needed adult conversation when all I had at home were two crazy 18 month old boys.  I'm sure we will be heading up to Washington often to play with our friends, the Christensens.

Bonus:  My parents are on a mission in Washington right now, just 45 minutes from Kari's house so it was fun to see them too.  I love that my boys get to have Grandparents close by for a few years.

 Maggie having fun at the pool.

 The boys trying to splash Maggie

 Kids playing on a sculpture at the zoo.

 The shark tank is always a hit:)

 Emerson in the shark jaws!

 Maggie, Emerson, Max, Tessa and Townsend (and that's just half of Kari's kids!)

 Kari pushing little Eli and baby Jonah on the swing (the rest of her great kiddos.  Yeah, I know, she doesn't look like she has had 5 kids!)

 My parents apartment complex has a swimming pool...very cool!

Julian helped Grandma make chocolate chip cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! I'm SO glad to see you've got the new blog up and going! Plenty of wonderful excitement up in the great Northwest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, and thanks for keeping my "online image" a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete