Friday, August 24, 2012

Back in the USA

We have had a crazy summer this year.  We flew from Germany to Salt Lake City, Utah on June 16th.  Hyrum and I drove to Mesa, Arizona (leaving the boys with Oma) on June 20th for my sister's wedding.  We drove back up to Utah on June 24th and stayed with Oma for a few nights.  We then drove to Portland Oregon on June 26th (leaving our boys once again with Oma).  Hyrum and I spent a few days at our new home painting some rooms and getting a shed built in our yard.  Our household goods arrived in Portland on June 30th.  I helped Hyrum unpack and set the house up for a few days and then I flew to Salt Lake City on July 1st.  After spending a few more days with Oma the boys and I  packed up our car and started our drive up to Portland.

Like I said, it was a crazy summer.  Lots of traveling and lots of visiting with friends and family.

Emerson and Townsend at the planetarium in Salt Lake City

Boys playing in the fountain on Temple Square

Paige and our friend Sarah at Paige's bachelorette party

Zach and Paige coming out of the Mesa Arizona Temple.  Could they look any happier?  One cool bit of info: My mom's parents (my grandparents) and my Mom and Dad were all sealed in the Mesa Temple.  Out of all the 8 children my parents had Paige is the only one that decided to keep the tradition and get sealed in the Mesa Temple.  Pretty cool:)

All seven sisters together.  We are all so different and we all have a bit of crazy in us but we love each other very much.  By the way, Paige is wearing really high heels...she isn't THAT much taller than the rest of us!

I took this photo from the car while Hyrum and I drove up to Portland.  Welcome to the Northwest.  Cloudy with a chance of rain, but green and beautiful none the less.

Painting the bonus room.  This picture isn't really great but the room was really yellow and we changed it to a more sage color.

Hyrum with his nephews, Sam and Cooper, working hard on the shed.

Moving day.  All our goods arrived safe and sound.  We had 13 of those huge wooden crates filled with stuff.  Needless to say we had a lot of unpacking to do!

2 comments:

  1. I would have LOVED to be there with all your sisters and see you guys interact. You can tell that you are all different, but there is nothing better than sisterly love!
    Good to hear that all your belongings made it to Portland! Oh man Rachelle, what I wouldn't give to hang out with you one more time. The other day Becky and I were telling a story that had you in it, and we were talking to a new girl in the ward. I paused mid-sentence and said "Isn't it so sad that everyone who moves to the ward from now on won't know Rachelle?" YES. That is a tragedy. MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that you are so good at blogging!

    ReplyDelete