Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Rachelle in Utah and Wyoming

 I went to Utah in July to meet up with some Germany friends that were getting together.  I had a free day to hang out with Oma so I took her to SLC to see the Temple renovations and walk around Temple Square

Oma and I in front of the SLC Temple

They are remodeling quite a bit on Temple Square so they have the giant Christus statue in storage but they had this smaller version in the Conference Center we could see.

My friends from Germany are the BEST!

Lots of good times with these folks:)

Spent a day at the pool with my bestie Becky Platt.  They were hanging out in Utah for a few days while they were moving from Alaska to Hawaii (gotta love military life!)

Another chance to gather with some more friends from Germany.

Sisters in so many ways 💖

Grabbed a quick bite at Costa Vida with Andrea before catching a flight to Wyoming


Made it to Wyoming where I got to spend a whole week with this cutie face!  Paige and Zach (and their 4 boys) were stopping over in Wyoming for a few weeks to play with cousins  before their move to Virginia.  I came to hang out with everyone but also to help my mom scan and label a million photos from her albums.

Took my sister Riann out for her birthday.  My mom and dad came along.  Sushi in the middle of nowhere Wyoming was a bit sketchy but we all survived:)

DeNae's house is the best for cousin playtime!

Alistair wasn't so sure about Aunty Chelle...he'll get used to me

Having so much fun in a giant thunderstorm!

Look at those smiles!!

Cecil enjoyed watching the storm from a distance

Warm bath, story time and snuggles before bed.  I love these boys!

My banana bread helpers

Snack break at the pool with Israelsen and DeShetler cousins


My parents having an afternoon snooze while I scanned photos

My setup at mom and dads apartment.  I would scan the photo and then mom would give me her best guess as to who was in the photo and the year it was taken:)


There isn't anything better than spending time with my family and DeNae is so gracious to always host our get togethers.

Took my parents out for a goodbye lunch.  It was wonderful seeing them again.  It's hard to see your parents age and slow down but I know I am blessed they are still here and still capable of remembering our life together.  Love you mom and dad!!

Said goodbye to this little munchkin, I miss his cute little face!

Love my Paigey and Zach!  So sad they are moving to Virginia...soooooo much farther to go visit than Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment