Friday, July 31, 2020

Fun times in July and August

Hyrum and I signed up for sailing lessons.  Because of the pandemic we got to learn from the instructor with no other people on the boat.  The lessons were scheduled over 4 different days and on the final day we had to take a written test.  I like to joke with Hyrum that I'm actually a better sailor than he is because I got 100 on my test and he only got 99:)


With our sailing instructor, Harold, on our final day of class.

Julian with his friend, Jacob Greathouse, on a trip we took out to Sauvie Island.

The twins with their friend, Eli, soaking up some sun on Sauvie.

Townsend flew by himself to Wyoming to spend about 10 days with his Israelsen cousins.  He went out to help them get their yard prepped for landscaping.  I was really proud of him for going on his own and for working hard and earning some money.  I think he had a lot of fun with his cousins as well.

Townsend hard at work in Wyoming

DeNae sent me this photo on the morning that Townsend left.  I think he really had fun hanging out with his cousin Ethan and DeNae said he was a great little addition to their family for a few days.

A little family bike ride on Sauvie Island, minus Townsend who was in Wyoming.

I went down to Las Vegas for a week in July to spend time with my cute little nephews...I'm so happy they remember me even if I only pop into their lives once every few months:)

At the "7 magic mountains" art installation outside Vegas.

Cecil makes a wish:)

We took a trip out to Lake Mead to cool off in the 120 degree heat!

2 cuties at the lake

2 "cuties" at the lake:)

Keeping cool at the neighborhood splash pad!  Seriously...who visits Las Vegas in July???

We had a fun breakfast of donuts at the peacock park and then enjoyed a nice walk around the park.  It was cooler since it was early in the morning...only about 95 degrees!

3 monkeys in a tree!

We went up to Mt. Charleston which was about 20 degrees cooler than Las Vegas.  It was a beautiful evening for a walk in the forest.  I love these 2 little guys so much:)

Cecil contemplating the tree...love it

Paige is such a great mom.  I'm glad I have get the opportunity to come and stay with her while Zach is out of town.  I always tell Hyrum that Paige needs help with her kids while Zach is away but really...I just need my baby fix:)


Hyrum took Emerson and Julian on a hike near Mt. Hood while I was in Vegas and Townsend was in Wyoming.

Some summertime fun at Hagg Lake.  Julian and Jacob had fun...they just like to act grumpy in pictures

I took the boys to Camp 18 for breakfast one day with our friend Grady Holwege.  It's becoming increasingly difficult to find activities to do during the pandemic since so many things are shut down.

We did the short little "Steam Donkey Trail" after our yummy breakfast at Camp 18.  Of course no one wanted to go for a walk in the forest...sometimes mom has to drag you to do what's good for you!

Enjoying a great day of sailing on the Willamette River

Took this group of hooligans to Sauvie Island for the day.  I'm glad my boys have great friends they can hang out with.

Back at Hagg Lake for some fun.  

We are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.  That even during a pandemic we can still get out and enjoy some outdoor activities.  This summer has been crazy with so many of our trips having to get cancelled.  We had planned on touring the East Coast this summer with stops in Boston, New York and Washington DC.  Instead we were stuck at home... but like I said, at least we could get out and have a few fun things to do and hopefully my boys will have some good memories.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment