Friday, August 31, 2018

Awesome August!

Went on the Banks/Vernonia bike trail with these lovely ladies.  It's 42 miles round trip and we had gorgeous weather!

I felt like this whole summer I was on my bike!

Took the boys for a little walk around the Fernhill Wetlands...

...got a bit lost and we had to cut through this field to get back to our car.  I was happy we made it back before it got completely dark!

Camping trip at Lookout State Park in Oregon.  The boys invited their friend Aiden to join us.

Julian and Daddy at the beach at Lookout State Park.  Julian was one of only a few kids that got in the water.  Oregon beaches are not for swimming...way too cold!  Julian was way out in the waves jumping over the waves and getting knocked down, he was having a blast!

We drove a bit south along the coast to Pacific City.  All the boys went to the top of this giant sand dune!

These kids braved the water to get out to this rock where they had fun jumping in the freezing cold water a few times.

Hyrum and I left the boys at camp and enjoyed a little walk through some forested areas as well as lovely beach areas.

Just the 2 of us on a hike:)

On the morning we were going to leave we heard people around camp talking about a shark on the beach.  We had to go investigate.  This guy must have washed up on shore early in the morning.  I figured I would never have another opportunity to touch a shark so I did!

I took my boys and their friend Aiden and his little sister Ella to iFly.  It's an indoor skydiving experience.  Julian was all suited up and ready to go but backed out at the last minute.  The twins said it was amazing and Emerson immediately said he wants to jump out of an airplane now!

Emerson inside the wind tunnel.

Took my boys and some friends to Oaks Park for the day.  It's a pretty small amusement park but still lots of fun.  It wasn't crowded at all so you only had to wait a few minutes for each ride.  Julian was my "helper" with Jonah.  He rode on all the rides Jonah wanted to go on so Mommy didn't have to:)

The twins and their friends getting ready to go on the roller coaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment