Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hike up Saddle Mountain

Kids are in school, weather is beautiful, what should I do with my time?  How about a hike in the mountains?  Not usually my first choice of activity but my friend Hannah Holt sent out an open invitation to anyone that wanted to join her on this hike.  I have to admit, I'm not a great fan of hiking but the beautiful day made up for the fact that I couldn't breathe and had to take it pretty slow on the last 1/4 mile because it was so steep and I'm so out of shape:)  The trail was 4.5 miles long but was very steep in some places.  I'm glad I went with ladies that didn't mind stopping a lot;)

Our view from about halfway up.  It was super foggy and clouded in down below but just gorgeous blue skies once you got above the clouds.

Taking a break at a scenic point.  You can see how cloudy it was just below us.  It actually made for a fun "walk in the clouds" sort of feel.

I'm on top of the world!

The view from the top.  You are supposed to see all the way to the coast and some of the surrounding volcanoes but it was too cloudy.  I guess I'll have to come back:)

Group shot of the 4 of us that went on the hike.  Me, Elizabeth VanHorne, Cynthia Greathouse and Hannah Holt.  Such a fun group of ladies to spend the day with!




No comments:

Post a Comment