Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Fun Times in Wyoming

This year we spent the 4th of July in Afton Wyoming.  My good friend Becky Platt grew up in Wyoming and she was there visiting her parents for a few weeks before moving to Hawaii.  We really enjoyed hanging out in this cute little town for the 4th and hanging out with our good friends:)

We got to see Cael march in the 4th of July parade with some other scouts.

The boys catching candy during the parade

Look at all those kids!  My boys sure love their friend Cael.

Having fun at the 4th of July pool party after the parade.  Free snow cones makes everyone happy!

My boys loved that our hotel had a pool and hot tub.  We invited some of the Platt boys to stay the night with us in our hotel room so the boys could have more time with their friends.

Becky's Dad has some horses and all my boys got to ride them and feed them.  It was the first time on a horse for all my boys.

I even got a chance to ride a bit:)

The fireworks went on sale after the 4th and I bought these boys some fun roman candles that they had lots of fun shooting at each other!

These kids had so much fun shooting off fireworks all on their own.  Luckily we had no casualties:)

Even Julian was getting in on the fun!

We hiked up to Intermittent Springs

The trail got a little steep right at the end but we all made it up safely

Becky and I at the end of the hike, right where the spring comes gushing out of the mountain.  We filled our water bottles and I have to tell you, that was some yummy, fresh water!

Brecon celebrated his 9th birthday while we were there.  When I knew Becky in Germany she only had 3 kids...now she has 5!  I guess if my kids were as cute and well behaved as hers I would have had a few more:)

Looking tough with the wild Wyoming skies

The little cuties hanging out on the covered wagon.  We had so much fun with our Platt family friends and wish them luck in Hawaii!

On our drive back to Oregon we made a quick stop in Driggs Idaho to see Opa

I decided to stop for a few nights in Boise Idaho to break up the long drive.  The boys had fun at Roaring Springs water park.  We had a fantastic trip but were happy to be back home after almost 2 weeks on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment