Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Chicago Christmas Market

November 20-23

Since leaving Germany 3 years ago I have been on the lookout for a real German style Christmas market.  I had been to a few local ones here in Oregon and Washington but they never were the type of market I wanted.  Luckily I heard about the Chicago market and decided to go and check it out.  My host Mum from Australia as well as her daughter in law Kacy came out with me.  It was a very quick trip but we had so much fun and the market was just what I wanted it to be.  Full of goodies from Germany with lots of kinder punch and bratwurst to keep us happy:)

We started our weekend off right with a delicious Chicago style hot dog!

Me, Kacy and Mum

Off to visit the Christmas market on the "L" train

It was snowing/raining on us and we all got completely soaked but we had lots of fun shopping so we made it work:)

Love that silly Kacy Jo!

Being silly at the market

A nice hot cup of kinder punch will warm you right up

This is the cute little house we were staying in for the weekend.  You can see the snow and it just continued all night long.

The next day I had to scrape all the snow off my car.  I haven't had to do that for many years:)

We stopped once again at the Christmas market and bought a few more things and then decided to walk around Chicago a bit.  We headed for the "Magnificent Mile" and did some window shopping.

Kacy and Mum showing Daniel Craig some love:)

We ended up at Navy Pier and walked around the shops.  We saw this sign and decided we just had to try some Chicago deep dish pizza...

...it was delicious!  My mouth is watering just looking at this photo!!

Kacy really wanted to visit the sculpture known as "cloud gate" and we walked all around looking for it only to find it right across the street from where we started walking that morning.  By the time we got to it it was pretty dark out but it was a neat sculpture and I'm glad we finally found it!

This is what it looks like in the light of day.  Not my photo but I thought I would include it in case anyone is ever in Chicago looking for a giant jelly bean sculpture:)

Back at the apartment we had to try and pack all of our shopping into our bags for the airport the next day.  I'm glad I brought an extra big bag!  I had such a wonderful time in Chicago and enjoyed spending time with my Mum and Kacy.  Both great people and lots of fun to shop with!

1 comment: