Saturday, October 5, 2024

Quick trip to Utah

 My host mum and dad, Helen and Ron Heindorff, were coming to Utah to visit their son Adam and their 5 grandchildren that live there. I was so tired of traveling by October but I really didn't want to miss the opportunity to visit them since they were coming all the way from Australia. So back to the airport I went and off I flew to Utah!

Oma was generous to let me stay with her so I didn't have to spend money on a hotel.

My host mum mostly wanted me to take her shopping. We had a lot of fun being silly and talking and catching up.

We went for a walk in Provo Canyon to visit Bridal Veil Falls. The colors were still really pretty in the canyon with the reds and oranges of the trees.

Oma spoiled me with wonderful breakfasts while I was there.

We went to the "This is the Place" monument. I don't think I had actually ever been here before. There is a nice, small museum that tells the history of the LDS pioneers arrival in the Salt Lake Valley.

Cafe Rio...of course I'm eating her if I'm in Utah!

We went to the Thanksgiving Point gardens. It was a little later in the evening and we really seemed to have the whole place to ourselves. It was wonderful

The sculptures of Christ in the garden are wonderful. It is such a peaceful place to walk around.

Italian garden fountain


They are working on installing a new exhibit titled "The Tree of Life" It will be beautiful when it is all installed and you can walk around  the statues.

We all enjoyed walking around the gardens. I'm so glad I got to see my host mum and dad. They are such an important part of my life and I love them lots.

I happened to be there during LDS General Conference.  This is Oma "watching" conference with me 😜

After conference we drove up to Heber and stopped at the Dairy Keen for burgers and milkshakes...so yummy!

On the way back we drove through Midway and stumbled across this great little war memorial on top of a hill. 

Amazing views of Midway from the top of the hill

That evening we got together with Andrea, Craig and Stephanie Merrill. Ellen Doxey was also in Utah visiting her cousin. It was great that even though I had such a short trip I was able to spend so much time with people I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment