Sunday, March 31, 2024

March: Final Fencing match, Vocces 8, Julian driving!, Chocolate tour, Spring Break around Portland, My birthday and Easter!

Julian's final fencing tournament, the North American Cup Youth Fencing Tournament.  Kids from all over the US came to Portland, Oregon for this fencing tournament.  It was by far the biggest fencing tournament we had been to. Sadly, Julian wants to quit fencing to focus on other things but I'm really glad he got this experience and that he tried a new and difficult sport.

Hyrum, Julian and I went to see the Vocces 8 singing group in a concert they performed at Reed College in Portland.

My hiking buddies...we are starting to come out of hibernation now that the sun is coming out more here in Oregon!

Julian got his drivers permit and is excited to learn how to drive!

My friend, Birgitte, organizes a chocolate tour somewhere near Portland every year. This year we went to Woodblock Chocolate and had a fun tour of the shop and some yummy samples! If you look closely you can see the owner of the company (the only guy in the photo) is wearing chocolate hair!!

Look who came home for Spring Break! It's so fun to have the whole family all together:)

We bought tickets to see Ladysmith Black Mambazo as a family but Hyrum wasn't feeling well so it was just me and the boys.

These guys put on such a great concert! It was so fun watching them sing and dance and share part of their culture and heritage with us all.

The boys helped get the Easter tree decorated. I love this tradition we brought home with us from Germany:)

Hyrum bought me flowers and chocolates for my birthday...he's the best!

I had a great birthday this year.  I had lunch with one of my book club groups. We discussed the book "The Sun Walks Down"

Because it was my birthday the boys have to do what I want...so I made them play pickleball with me.  It was such a gorgeous day!

I have wanted to try out this restaurant in Portland for years so I finally got my family to go for my birthday dinner. It's called "Marrakesh" and we tried some yummy Moroccan food and even got to watch some belly dancing!

After dinner we walked down to Cinema 21 for a Japanese subtitled movie called "Perfect Days" It was a lovely movie about finding joy and connections in everyday life. We got home around midnight and I just have to say it was a great birthday!

The Easter Bunny left some treats outside the boys bedroom doors:)

We hosted Easter dinner at our house and invited the Doxey's and Jason to join us. Then Hyrum surprised me with this delicious chocolate cake he made to celebrate my birthday:)












 

No comments:

Post a Comment