Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August Adventures



I am one of the Activity Day leaders for our church.  That means I get to hang out twice a month with 8-12 year old girls and we have lots of fun.  We took the summer off of our regular meetings but I took them for the 4 T's hike in August for our summer get together.  I made Julian come but he did invite his friend, Ian, so he wasn't the only older kid there:)

Hyrum took Julian and his friend, Liam, out for an evening sail

We enjoyed our annual trip to Cape Lookout for some camping fun.  The twins were working and could only join us for one night but Julian invited his friend Jacob and they had fun together.

The hike out to Cape Lookout was a "bit" wet this year!!

The view at the end of the hike makes it all worthwhile!

Hyrum and I on the trail

Julian and I at the beach

Low tide discoveries

The twins came to the coast after their work shift was over and stayed one night.  The next day we went for a walk...

And Tillamook ice cream factory...

And 4 wheeling on the sand dunes



We cooked a yummy campfire dinner before the twins had to head back to Hillsboro for work the next day.  I love that we have the chance to camp at the coast every year.  It's so great to be out in nature and enjoy the beauty of the world together as a family.

Went on a date with my hubby to see one of my first loves...Robert Plant, in concert with Alison Krauss

Such a great concert and my honey still has a great voice and stage presence!  Loved the show!

Got to hang out with these 2 cuties, Myla and Milo.  We fed the ducks and had ice cream and played at the splash pad...I love having little kids to go do fun things my old boys just don't find amusing anymore:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment