Monday, July 12, 2021

Wyoming Trip

 Paige and Zach were heading to Wyoming to escape the Las Vegas heat so I decided to join the family up in Gillette, WY for a week.  I had so much fun playing with the twins, enjoying the chance to visit with my mom and dad in their new apartment and hanging out with my sisters.


Graham and Cecil having a snack after playing outside in the water


We went to Mt. Rushmore.  I had never been before and it was pretty fun to see.  We hiked the little mile loop that takes you through the base of the mountain and gives you a different perspective on the faces.  During our walk there was a little presentation by a Native American man who told us stories of his people that lived in the Black Hills of South Dakota long before white people came and carved faces on a mountain.  I thought it was a good presentation and very important for us to remember the people who were here before.  The little ones liked when he played the drum and sang songs.

These two crazies love the show "PJ Masks" and DeNae just happened to have their favorites...Cat Boy and Owlette to the rescue!

I couldn't believe when I saw this guy dressed as Donald Trump at the Gillette 4th of July parade.  He isn't the President anymore...what the heck?  But there were very loud cheers as the jeep drove down the road so I guess the people here in Wyoming love The Donald😐

It was such a hot day for the parade but these kids loved chasing after all the candy that was thrown from the different parade floats.

How cute are these boys with their patriotic outfits!  Remy and Cecil were not going to smile...too hot and tired:)

I had so much fun visiting with my family.  Who knows how much longer my parents will be around so I'm very happy every chance I have to visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment