Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The DeShetler Family Visits Portland

Paige and Zach and their cute boys came to stay with us in Portland for a week.  It was so much fun having them here.  We explored lots of Portland and surrounding areas.  I had a blast showing off my cute nephews to all my friends.  I really wish the DeShetlers didn't live so far away but a 2 hour flight from Vegas is at least doable.  I'm not sure when I will get a chance to see these guys next so I spent the whole week snuggling as much baby cuteness as I could!

Remy had so much fun playing with our marble drop toy!

Two boys playing with Daddy on the trampoline

Playing at the Patterson school playground

Nothing like fresh blackberries at the Hillsboro farmers market!

A beautiful day for the 4 T's hike.  The whole group at Council Crest

Peek-a-boo Cecil:)

Enjoying the hike

Taking a well deserved break at the end of the hike.  I'm so glad there is a Plaid Pantry at the end of the trail!

Waiting to get on the aerial tram

The tram is so cool!

We stopped at Camp 18 for breakfast on our way out to Astoria...Cecil sin't so sure about the "Bigfoot" statue:)

At the top of the Astoria Column

Hanging out at the Column

Cute DeShetler family photo in Astoria

Durtschi Family photo...with a hidden Remy:)

Julian flying the big kite at Fort Stephens

Remy found a new friend..."crabby"

The "ship wreck" at Fort Stephens

Swinging at the beach...Seaside, OR

Graham helping Uncle Hyrum cook dinner

Enjoying a nice cool morning in Portland Oregon with some fig newtons...what's not to like?

I babysat the twins one morning so Paige and Zach could take Remy to the zoo.  They said it was a fun time and so nice not to have to push the babies around in a stroller all day:)

Munching on fresh carrots from Uncle Hyrum's garden:)

We put the kids down for bed early and spent a kid free evening in Portland...had to go to Salt and Straw ice cream!

At the 4th of July parade in Hillsboro!

Hanging out at the beach on Sauvie Island

Cecil didn't seem to mind that the water was super cold...or the sand was super gritty

Remy having a blast with his Mom and Dad:)

Graham and Aunty Chelle playing with rocks at the beach

Hyrum dug a little "kiddy pool" for the boys to splash in:)

Graham was ready to go home!!

Making s'mores before going to see the fireworks

Cousins waiting for the fireworks to start at North Plains


And just like that a week had gone by and I was taking this cute family to the airport to fly back to Vegas.  I only cried a little on my way home from the airport with an empty car...I will miss these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment