Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Two weeks with the Deshetler Twins!

My little sister Paige had twins back in June and since that time I have been patiently waiting my turn to go to California and snuggle those two little angels.  With our busy summer schedule and then Cycle Oregon I had to wait until the middle of September to get down to see them.  I knew I should say I was going there to "help" Paige but in my heart all I wanted was to hold those precious babies.  I have to warn you, there is a bunch of photos in this post!  I could not get over how much I loved those little guys!  I loved their smiles, and their smells and their little heads resting on my shoulder!  I cried so much when it was time for me to come home.  I love and miss those boys so much!

Holding baby Graham when I first arrived.  He wasn't so sure who I was but by the end of the week I had both these boys smiling and talking with me:)

Graham on the left, Cecil on the right

I also got to spend some time playing with "big brother" Remy.  He is so good with his baby brothers and loves on them all the time.

Family trip to the LA zoo

Hanging out waiting for the wild bird show at the zoo.

Paige and Zach and their super cute family!

I'm a professional twin baby holder:) I couldn't let one baby cry while the other one was being rocked...I just had to pick them both up to snuggle:)

Seriously the cutest babies ever!

I took the boys out for a walk in the "desert" behind Paige's house.  Remy is learning to spell his name!

My parents flew in for the babies blessing.  We went to the beach and enjoyed the sun and sand for a few hours.  Dad got a bit cold in the shade...I thought the weather was perfect!

Me and baby Graham at the beach:)

Holding Graham at church before the babies were blessed.

Paige had Cecil all snuggled and calm before the blessing

My sister Tanya also flew out for the babies blessing.  It was wonderful to see so much family

love, love, love this naked Cecil baby bum!!!

I'm so in love with the way Graham is looking at his Mamma in this photo!

Three sisters holding three brothers:)

Little Cecil's smile.  Graham was super easy to make smile, he loved to smile at every little silly noise or tickle.  Baby Cecil was much more reserved with his smiles but both boys just melted my heart when they smiled!

I gave Paige and Zach a little break while I was there.  They took off and got to spend the night in a hotel and get a massage the following day.  That meant I got to take care of these gorgeous boys (my mom helped a bit)  Remy loved feeding the ducks at the park, it was the twins first time at the duck pond:)


I have to post a "shout out" here for Oma.  She took care of my boys while I helped take care of Paige's boys.  I'm super lucky that she is willing and able to come and help out so much!

My heart grew to loved these babies while I was there.  It was only 2 weeks but I really felt like I bonded with them and they recognized me and my love for them.  I really cried when I had to leave but I realize I have 3 boys of my own that need a mom.  It's just so much more rewarding snuggling and loving on a 3 month old baby then trying to snuggle my 14 year old twins!  I can't wait to see these babies again, Auntie Chelle loves you boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment