Sunday, October 15, 2017

Glencoe Ward Young Women Retreat

I am the camp director for the Young Women of my ward.  This means I have to get all the forms and things organized for the Stake Girls camp in the summer.  I guess it also means that I am in charge of organizing a "retreat" for the girls.  This was my first retreat and I had no idea what to do.  I had never gone on a retreat before so I wasn't sure what the expectations were.  I organized the food, some fun crafts and a few other activities but I figured the girls would just have fun hanging out and enjoying being together.  At the end of the retreat a lot of the girls said it was very different from previous years but they still had fun...I don't know if that's good or bad?  I had a fun time with the other leaders and getting to know the girls a bit better.

A group shot of all the leaders that were able to come.  I had so much fun with these ladies!

We were at Cannon beach so of course we had to spend some time down at the beach!  We had a sandcastle building contest...

...some of the girls went for a classic sand castle...

...these girls built a "sand temple"...

...but the winner was this awesome sand crocodile some of the girls made!

I brought soccer balls and frisbees so we could spend some time at the beach just playing around.

We had a campfire on Friday night.  The weather was so great!

The next day we had some fun crafting

The girls made a "beach in a jar" 

Also made some pretty cute "tikis"

We spent a few hours on Saturday doing a scavenger hunt through the cute little town of Cannon Beach.

Our whole group before heading home.

Overall I think it was a success.  We had plenty of food.  All the girls had a place to sleep.  We had some interesting devotionals.  We did some yoga in the morning.  I think the girls had a fun time getting to hang out and get to know each other outside of church.  I look forward to next years retreat!












No comments:

Post a Comment