Thursday, May 28, 2015

Happy Birthday...Happy Easter!

Two weekends full of chocolate is not good for the waistline.  As you can tell from the photos my family and friends know what I like for my birthday...and it's chocolate!  Easter is always a fun holiday to celebrate but again...lots of chocolate.  I think I started my diet on the wrong weekend!

Happy birthday to me...glad Hyrum didn't put all 38 candles on the cake:)

Lovely gifts from Hyrum and the boys

I had a lunch date with friends for my birthday and this is the loot I came home with:)

Easter season always starts with decorating the tree outside our house with eggs.  It's a Bavarian tradition I brought back with me from Germany

Our cat really liked the hanging eggs:)

The weather did not cooperate for an outdoor Easter egg hunt so Katrina hosted the egg hunt in her house.  I'm pretty sure we hid over 500 eggs!

Julian finding some eggs

I love Emerson's happy face in this photo

Townsend showing off his "Silver Egg"  Each of the kids (10 and older) got to find one gold or silver egg.  After the egg hunt is over they all opened them at the same time to find money inside.  There was a $20, $10, $5 and lots of $1's.  The older kids love this tradition and love seeing who gets the $20 each year:)

The Easter Bunny left a few treats outside the boys rooms on Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment