Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Boys

My twins are now 9 years old.  They are still pretty small for their age so I think I forget sometimes they are actually 9.  Like, why do I still hang up their bath towels when they throw them on their bedroom floor?  And, why do I still pick up their dirty socks after they take them off when they are on the computer?  I guess we have a long way to go before they are grown up and "responsible" but they do sometimes amaze me with how mature they are getting.  Townsend seems to get less upset over silly things and is quick to be the "big brother" and look after his siblings.  Emerson can be super good with Julian when he wants and he also takes good care of our kitty.

This year for their birthday treats at school I got them Krispy Kreme maple bars for their class (both boys love those donuts).  Townsend told me that it was the best birthday treat his class had all year...which made me feel pretty good.

For their birthday party they each got to invite two friends and we took everyone out to Safari Sams for the evening.  I didn't get any pictures but there was a big indoor jungle gym plus a mini golf course and video games.  They all enjoyed some pizza and soda and then we went to a friends house for the "cake" and presents.  I say "cake" because it was actually just rice crispy treats and blue jello (see photo below)

I think they had a fun time.  I love both these boys.  They continue to be a bit difficult to raise, they still enjoy throwing tantrums and running through the house like crazy animals but they also give pretty good hugs and I'll take what I can get:)

Emerson

Townsend

The "mine craft" inspired birthday "cake."  Lots of rice crispy treats in different colors and some blue jello for a bit of a water effect.  All the boys loved it!

The birthday boys enjoying their treat

Presents!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the minecraft cake. that was really creative and i'm sure it was exactly what the boys wanted- it turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete