Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Weekend in Washington

October 18-21, 2012

Every year the Elementary school has two days off for parent teacher conferences.  Someone in the neighborhood here organizes a group rate for the Great Wolf Lodge.  I believe they reserve about 90 rooms for anyone that wants to come.  I was excited to have an opportunity to get out of town but I was nervous to go to an indoor water park by myself.  Hyrum couldn't get off work so I decided to fly my sister Paige back up from California so she could come with me.  It was sad that Emerson was just 1/2 an inch short of being able to go down the water slides by himself but there were plenty of older kids there that we knew that were willing to take him down the slides.  Paige and I just had Julian to watch as Townsend and Emerson were very independent the whole time.  I think it will be something that we definitely do each year.

Emerson in front of the grand fire place at the hotel

Mommy and Julian in the wave pool

I caught up with Townsend and Emerson just long enough to take a photo and then they were off again enjoying the water park with friends.

My parents are serving a mission right now in Bremerton, Washington so while we were in the neighborhood we decided to stay with them for a few nights.  It's so great that my boys are getting the chance to know their grandparents.  We have always lived so far away from my parents.  I love that we can see them more frequently, even if it is only for 2 years.

Grandpa helped the boys scoop out a pumpkin to carve

Auntie Paige has mad carving skills.  Since we only had one pumpkin we had each boy design a feature.  Emerson did the eyes, Julian the nose and Townsend the mouth.

Our finished pumpkin...spoooky!

Bremerton is just a ferry ride away from Seattle.  Since Paige had never been to Seattle and my parents had a meeting they needed to attend on Saturday morning we decided to take the boys over to Seattle and explore a little bit.

We missed the ferry by 10 minutes and had to wait 45 minutes for the next ferry.  Lucky for us Bremerton ferry docks are pretty cool to walk around.  They have an old Navy Ship you can explore but we just walked along the water front and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and some pretty cool fountains.

Emerson playing the iPad during the ferry crossing.  

First stop "Ivars" fish bar for some delicious clam chowder.  Julian loved feeding the seagulls his leftover french fries.  I love Paige's face in this photo, she is pretty creeped out by birds:)

Next stop, Pike Place Market.  Note to self, don't attempt Pike Place on a Saturday...way too crowded to enjoy.

On our way to the monorail station we passed this very gross gum wall.  Of course the boys thought it was pretty awesome and of course Julian actually touched some of the gum (even though I told him not to) How gross is that?

On the Seattle monorail.  Julian was in heaven on this train.  Overall we had a great time in Seattle and lucky for us it didn't start raining until we were just about to head back on the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment