Monday, September 10, 2012

Solo Trip to Utah

In 1994 I went to Brisbane, Australia for a year as an exchange student.  I was 16 years old.  I was a real pain in the butt and I'm pretty sure my parents just wanted to get rid of me.  I was moody.  I was spoiled.  I was selfish.  I guess I was just a silly girl that hadn't grown up yet.  My time in Australia changed all that.  I became confident, co-operative, giving and basically a happy and well adjusted young adult.  I have my fabulous host family to thank for a lot of that "growing up."

One of my host brothers, Adam, now lives in Utah with his American wife, Kacy.  They recently added two beautiful girls to their family.  My host mom and one of my host sisters, Corrine, came to Utah to see the babies and I decided that I just had to go down and see everyone.  After all, it's a lot cheaper to fly to Utah then it is to fly to Australia.

Since it was just a few short days I decided to fly down on my own.  Oma flew into Portland to help watch my crazy family and I got an awesome break from my kids!  It was so much fun seeing everyone again.  I have been so lucky to have the Heindorff family in my life and I will always be grateful for their love and guidance during my year in Australia.

 My host "Mum" and Corinne at Cafe Rio.  I mean, come on, you can't get this stuff Down Under:)

The two precious angels straight from heaven, Eden and Lauren.  I spent a lot of time snuggling these two babies and remembering what it was like 8 years ago with my own little ones.

While in Utah I stayed with Hyrum's sister, Andrea.  Here we are with her family at the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival.

My Mum with Adam and Kacy's three older children.  I can't imagine having twins after already having  3 kids to take care of but I know Adam and Kacy will have a fabulous time with their five happy and beautiful kiddos.




No comments:

Post a Comment