My September was wonderful. My baby boy is now a Senior in high school and I'm feeling a bit strange knowing this is my last year of waking up and getting someone off to school! I had a wonderful time taking Julian to a Weird Al concert. He went though a phase where he loved all the songs so I thought he would enjoy the concert but he just thought it was "really loud" 😝 I got to go to Ashland, Oregon for the Shakespeare festival. There were 9 of us all together on the trip and it was great to be with friends and even meet a few new people. The plays were all wonderful but my favorite was Midsummer Nights Dream. Then we got to see Katrina's son Cooper get married here in Oregon. He and his fiancé had met and gone to college in Oregon so even though they live in New Mexico now they wanted to come to Oregon to get married. It was such a beautiful wedding. I love looking back over photos from the previous month and seeing all the fun things I got to do and all the people I love that I got to spend time with 💗
Wednesday, September 30, 2026
Weird Al, Shakespeare Festival, Cooper's Wedding
Julian's last day of summer (he says it's his last day of freedom)! We went to his favorite restaurant for lunch, Fire On The Mountain
I made a quick trip to Denver with my sister Riann. She was being put onto a heart transplant list and as her "support" person post surgery I was required to be there for all the appointments. She is in no desperate need right now for a transplant but the hospital and doctors all wanted to get her started on the process so if there is ever an emergency she will be ready to go. It was super fun spending time with her... AND I got to eat at Cafe Rio!
Before heading home the next day Julian wanted to explore Bend a little bit more. OSU has a campus in Bend and he is thinking of going to college there instead of in Corvallis.
The air bnb we found was perfect. It had 8 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and was walking distance to the shops and the theaters
Walking around all the shops and looking through the town is tiring...we had to stop for an ice cream break:)
A few of us in the group brought our bikes to Ashland so we could go for a bike ride to Medford. It was a great day for a ride
Play #4 was Emma. The Shakespeare festival puts on more than just Shakespeare plays during their summer showtimes. Emma was super fun
I got home from Ashland on September 11th. That was the day that my twins took their MCAT exam. They had studied so much all summer long and really worked hard. After the test Emerson was really struggling with feeling overwhelmed and he felt like maybe he didn't do so well on the test. I secretly took this photo of Townsend comforting his brother. I know these two can seriously annoy one another but I also know that they love each other deeply.
I had to take my twins on the double bridges bike ride. I thought they would love going over the big freeway bridges and enjoy seeing some new things. They both said it was a great ride
Since we were so close to our favorite restaurant in Vancouver Washington we had to stop for dinner...delicious!
Having so much fun hanging out with Stevie every Tuesday. She is getting so talkative! I love seeing her little mind work and watch her figure things out:)
There was a crazy wind storm and it blew down tons of leaves all over the trail but we were still pretty surprised to see it blew this tree over!
I took Stevie to the farm store and let her play with the baby chicks that "we aren't supposed to take out of the bins" oh well...for my Stevie I'll break any of the rules!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












































No comments:
Post a Comment