Someone looking back on my blog is going to think I do nothing but ride my bike all the time. But I honestly love to bike. My knees hurt when I run or hike too much and swimming is exhausting! Biking lets me exercise but not kill my poor old body:)
Apparently July, 1st is National Creative Ice Cream flavor day. We went to Handel's ice cream and tried some of their more unusual flavors. I had peanut butter and jelly ice cream:)
Blueberry picking is the best because you can get so many so quickly and there are no thorns to scratch you!
Hyrum took the chainsaw to some overgrown limbs on our front yard tree. He was really high up in the tree but he harnessed himself to the tree so we felt like it was "pretty" safe!
We went to St. Helen's and watched the 4th of July fireworks from the boat dock. It was fun being on the water.
Emerson and Petey
Hyrum and I enjoyed a walk in Forest Park with Julian. Portland is so great because there are so many wonderful trails so close to our house!
The Platt's were in Vancouver, WA visiting Ben's brother so we drove out that way to meet them for dinner. Gustav's was the perfect place to meet up. A German restaurant to catch up with our very favorite people from our time in Germany:)
I love these guys so much! Too bad they are moving to Texas!!! Maybe one of these days when they are out of the military they will live closer to us:)
I went paddle boarding on Hagg Lake with my friend, Heidi, and her daughter. They had never tried paddle boarding before and I'm no pro but we had a great time all figuring it out as we went along:)
Much of our June and July were spent watching the World Cup! We were all rooting for Norway:) Don't ask me why but Julian is obsessed with Norway right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment