Monday, September 30, 2024

September: First Day of School, Visit from Sabrina Ewert, Visit from Elizabeth VanHorne, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Twins back to College, Ecola State Park

 My September was crazy because I traveled so much. I wasn't home even one weekend the whole month. But I did squeeze some other adventures into my month during the very short time I WAS home.

My little man Jules started his Sophomore year of High School!

Sabrina was a friend of mine from Germany. She has a sister that lives here in Oregon so every once in a while she makes it over here and she is always happy to spend a day with me. We went hiking to Cape Lookout

You can't come to the Oregon Coast and not stop at Tillamook ice cream factory!

My friend, Elizabeth VanHorne, came up to Oregon for a visit. She used to live here before moving to Utah with her husband. They are going through a divorce now and I think she really just needed a bit of time with friends to feel surrounded by people that believe in her and confirm she is making the right decision.

A few of us got together for a bike ride into Vernonia

I took her to the Japanese garden in Portland, this place is so beautiful!

I went to Ashland, Oregon for the Shakespeare festival with some friends. I had been to the festival once before about 5 years ago. We saw Much Ado About Nothing and Macbeth. They were both amazing productions.

We just stayed for the weekend but we had wonderful weather and it was nice to get together with everyone.


After the matinee show on Saturday Robin Mann and I went for a 20 mile bike ride along the Bear Creek Greenway. 

On our drive back up to Hillsboro from Ashland we stopped to tour the Butte Creek Mill in Eagle Point, Oregon. They had some yummy treats and it was interesting to learn the history of the mill.

This was the night before the twins left us to go back to Corvallis for college. Every night all three boys would come into our room to say goodnight. I would usually find them all on our bed talking with Hyrum. Our home just isn't the same when we don't have all our boys with us.

I drove down to Corvallis with them a few days before classes started. We cleaned the house and bought groceries and hopefully got everything set up for another year of college. They are Juniors this year and are doing really well in school.

Hyrum took a few days off from work during the week and since it was just the two of us we decided to go enjoy the coast. The boys don't really love the coast so it's nice to come when nobody complains:)

We hiked around Ecola State Park. It had been many years since I was last here. It was closed for a long time due to some land slides.




And that was our September when I wasn't out of the state traveling somewhere. I'm so blessed to live in this beautiful state and to have the means and ability to explore and do so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment